I’m back to quarantine and online school!
India is being hit with covid’s second wave, harder than last year and well, nothing much is being done to stop it! I went back to online school and this time, it’s much better than last year.
Other than all the negativity going on around, I read so many amazing books and music kept me entertained all month long!
If you are able to, please take some time to check out this document and consider donating to help India recover from the pandemic. Any amount, as less as $10 could be of huge help to the people in need!
- You’ve Reached Sam Dustin Thao // This was such an amazing book that gave me so many feelstm. Just tears and sobs. ★★★★☆
- Legendborn Tracy Deonn // This was the April BOTM for the Moonchild Lexicons discord server and was a great read. I had some issues with the pacing and info dumps but overall an amazing debut! ★★★★☆
- The Weight Of Our Sky Hanna Alkaf // I re-read this as a webtoon and I can say officially say that it is one of my all-time favourites! ★★★★★ [reread]
- Fifteen Hundred Miles from the Sun Jonny Garza Villa // As I already said, this THE standard for gay books. ★★★★☆
- Off The Record Camryn Garrett // I absolutely loved Camryn’s previous book, Full Disclosure, so I was super excited when I got to read Off The Record early. It definitely didn’t disappoint. RTC ★★★★☆
- Picture us in the Light Kelly Loy Gilbert // I heard nothing but praise for Picture us in the Light so I had high hopes for this one. I read it via Audiobook and would definitely re-read it as a physical copy because of the kinda slow and confusing plot but overall it was a brilliant book! ★★★★☆
- The Mountains Sing Nguyễn Phan Quế Mai // Read this one with Subtle Asian Book Club and found a new favourite! Everything was so raw, emotional and beautifully written. ★★★★☆
The ~vibes~ this song gives is unreal. (Also
Bighit HYBE I see you with the BU references 👀)
Gone is definitely my favourite from Rosé’s album!
Wendy’s solo debut was so good! Super happy she’s finally back.
Head empty only Wheein and Water Color on repeat.
Why is the song and the MV so addicting help.
ITZY doing a girl crush concept wasn’t something I knew I needed until this.
The lyrism is top notch in this one.
Post from the blogosphere
I sadly (again) had not much time to read blog posts this month but I’m hoping to catch up this month!
What else happened this month?
A lot. As I earlier said, I’m back to online school after two-ish months of going to in-person school and this time it’s honestly not as boring as it was last year. It might be because of the teachers or just that I’m paying more attention but I’m not complaining. Funny story, we literally had to protest to have online lectures back because our school literally didn’t care. Some rumors came up of a few kids having corona (which were, of course, true) so my friends and I decided to not go to school for a whole week and literally told everyone else to not do the same. Well, it worked!
I watched Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. It was a super amazing drama!
I got into TWO street teams for two of my most anticipated releases, Sisters of the Snake and How We Fall Apart! I literally couldn’t believe my eyes but I’m so grateful!
Some updates about the Moonchild Lexicons Discord server– We’re going to be reading I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn and be watching A Love So Beautiful together every Saturday at 8:30 PM GMT+5:30 (We’ve already watched two episodes so please make sure you catch up if you’re interested in joining!)
- Read 4 books (at least 2 ARCS) ✔
- Continue studying ✔
- Prepare for tests and get good grades ✔ (exams are postponed but still lmao)
- Exercise daily ❌
- Finish short story ❌
- Languages!! ❌
- Kindly do not dehydrate in 45°C weather ✔
Goals for this month
- Read only Asian-authored books for API heritage month
- Get good marks
- Stay hydrated